Users contributing to this page: GBLambda
Boney M. was a Euro-Caribbean vocal group created by German record producer Frank Farian. Originally based in West Germany, the four original members of the group's official line-up were Liz Mitchell and Marcia Barrett from Jamaica, Maizie Williams from Montserrat and Bobby Farrell, a Dutch performer with Aruban ancestry. The group was formed in 1976 and achieved popularity during the disco era of the late 1970s. Since the 1980s, various line-ups of the band have performed with different personnel. The band has sold more than 80 million records and is known for huge international hits such as "Daddy Cool", "Ma Baker", "Rasputin", "Mary's Boy Child – Oh My Lord" and, most famously, "Rivers of Babylon".
- Bobby Farrell - dancer, rap, live vocals (1975-1981, 1984-1986, 1987, 1988-1989)
- Marcia Barrett - lead and backing vocals (1975-1986, 1987, 1988-1989)
- Maizie Williams - dancer, live vocals (1975-1986, 1987-1989, 2012)
- Liz Mitchell - lead and backing vocals (1976-1986, 1987-1989, 1989, 1992-1994, 2016-present)
- Reggie Tsiboe - lead and backing vocals (1982-1986, 1990)
Log in to leave a comment.