Users contributing to this page: GBLambda
Saxon are an English heavy metal band formed in 1977 in Barnsley. As leaders of the new wave of British heavy metal (NWOBHM), they had eight UK Top 40 albums in the 1980s including four UK Top 10 albums and two Top 5 albums. They had numerous singles in the UK Singles Chart and chart success all over Europe and Japan, as well as success in the United States. During the 1980s, Saxon established themselves among Europe's most successful metal acts. The band tour regularly and have sold more than 13 million albums worldwide. They have also been cited as a major influence or inspiration by notable bands, including Mötley Crüe, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Pantera, Testament, Dokken, Skid Row, Dream Theater, Exodus, Overkill, King Diamond and Celtic Frost.
- Steve Dawson - bass (1976-1986)
- Graham Oliver - guitar (1976-1996)
- Biff Byford - vocals (1976-present)
- Paul Quinn - guitars (1976-present)
- Pete Gill - drums (1978-1981)
- Nigel Glockler - drums (1981-1987, 1988-1999, 2005-present)
- Paul Johnson - bass (1986-1988)
- Nibbs Carter - bass (1988-present)
- Doug Scarratt - guitars (1996-present)
- Fritz Randow - drums (1999-2004)
- Jörg Michael - drums (2004-2005)
Log in to leave a comment.